The Corset’s Effect
1. corset, 1750-75, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | Portrait of Grand Duchess Maria Fiodorovna by Alexander Roslin, 1777
2. corset, 1839-41, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | Marquise de Béthisy as Orientalin, 1833
3. corset, 1810-50, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | Portrait of Charlotte and Elizabeth Sullivan, daughters of Sir Richard Sullivanby Reinagle Ramsay Richard, 1810
4. corset, 1909, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | photograph, c. 1910-13
5. corset, by Maison Léoty, 1891, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | A Bar at the Folies-Bergere by Edouard Manet, 1882
6. corset, c. 1876, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | On the Thames by James Tissot, c. 1874
7. corset, by Worcester Corset Company, c. 1898, from Metropolitan Museum of Art | Mrs. Ralph Curtis by John Singer Sargent, 1898
Please don’t remove the credits.
Art by Alphonse Mucha
Elie Saab Haute Couture Fall 2014
In case you’re sad here are some buns.
Fitzwilliam Darcy’s inner struggles: 1/?
(I don’t care I’m doing this cause it makes my day)
Edwardian Fashion (1900-1909).
Interior of a Frame Gilding Workshop, Louis Emile Adan
I’ve seen a few fashion posts trying to expand the “Marie Antoinette is not Victorian” rant, but this stuff can get complicated, so here is a semi-comprehensive list so everyone knows exactly when all of these eras were.
Please note that this is very basic and that there are sometimes subcategories (especially in the 17th century, Jacobean, Restoration, etc).
Fashion, Art, History, Zelda, Disney, Fandom, Bunnies and little cute things <3